- Anew Fit Me Online Training Plans
- Books for Women
- Cycling Training Plans
- Mountain Bike Training Plans
- Road and Mountain Bike Books
- Running Training Plans
- Swimming Online Training Plans
- The Best Triathlon, Mountain Bike and Cycling Training Plans
- Triathlon and Duathlon Books
- Triathlon Training Plans
- Workouts in a Binder
News / itu
Feb 25, 2015
Thin or not thin – what is best for performance?
Hi Gale! I have a question and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer. It seems there's a trend towards not being overly lean for long distance athletes. The latest article coming from Sutton. In it he says, "...too much weight loss will negatively affect performance on the swim and bike..." I get the swim but if this is the case for the bike why is there such a focus in the cycling community to be lean? There's a ton of articles like this one on TrainingPeaks about why it is important for cyclists to be thin. So...